MOSI’s YES! Team
The MOSI YES! Team(Youth Enriched by S.T.E.A.M. – Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) program is a career and educational enrichment program designed to help at-risk youth, between the ages of 13 and 17, develop and progress in a supportive peer-group environment. Established in 1992, the focus of the program is to provide an opportunity for students to develop self-confidence, improve communication skills, build self-esteem and exhibit leadership skills. In addition, students are encouraged and motivated to pursue science both as a career and as an essential element of their total education.
Facts About the YES! Team
• YES! Team members come from a variety of racial/ethnic and economic backgrounds.
• As key staff and volunteers of MOSI’s Public and Interpretive Programs department, YES! Team members are
involved in all aspects of public programming which will reach more than 945,497 people this year.
• 90% of participants have furthered their education by attending college.
• 87% become mentors for current YES! Team members.
• 20% currently assist with designing science curriculum as a MOSI InterActor.
• Nearly 82% of YES! Team members pursue careers in math and science.
Please click here to download the current YES! Team application.